Star Wars: Galactic Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: Galactic Republic

Here you can play as anything you want, Jedi, Sith, Senator, Admiral etc. You can forge your own destiney in the Star Wars Universe.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Senate Meeting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Darth Saar
Sith Lord (Admin)
Sith Lord (Admin)
Darth Saar

Senate Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Senate Meeting   Senate Meeting Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 7:47 pm

Coruscant

Mission- A meeting to deal with the Sith attack

Characters
Supreme Chancellor
-Jurak Dellan (NPC)

Senate-Jaster Chistor (NPC, Naboo)
-Travot Balu (NPC, Corellia)
-Markre Kurn (NPC, Dantooine)
-Soon Reglia (NPC, Alderaan)
-Naroon Salm (NPC, Coruscant)
-Wrrlchiirtobuck (NPC, Kashyyk)
-Arelia Keyis (NPC, Onderon)
-Pru Plund (PC, Dorin)
-Zurell Dissik (PC, Duro)

Pru Plund's, the Senator of the planet Dorin, transport ship landed on an open space and he stood fixing his mask and goggles needed to walk and talk on this planet. He stopped and put his hands behind his back, looking like he was ready for the challenge of taking on the Senate with new bills and ideas. The ramp of the transport ship lowered slowly and he walked down it even slower, scanning the area. Most of the spaces were filled with ships like his that was sent by the Chancellor to pick up the Senators all around the galaxy. He started to walk faster once he got off the ramp and his long blue robe type clothing would move when he kicked it at times. Pru was followed by some minor representatives from his homeworld, but he was the man everyone went to. If the people of his planet needed something done, they went to him and he got it done.

He was stopped by a Republic Senate Guardsman at the door. He told him who he was and showed him a card that let him pass through the doors. The men behind him did the same thing and after a few seconds Pru got in the building they did also. They were now in the Senate Hall, it was small but still fit all the Senators so they could get to work on the laws and other things. When they got to the Main Room, leading to the room where they can start the sitting. He heard laughter, talking, and people keeping to themselves. Pru was talking with as many of the people as possible, he loved to just talk to the other Senators.

There then was a hush as the doors leading to the place where they start the meeting opened and the Senators rushed in and took there places. One they heard a noise all of them, including Pru, stood up as Chancellor Jurak Dellan walked in and took his place in the middle and said in his loud booming voice. "Greeting Senators!" There was some murmuring and the Chancellor held up his hand and it got quite agian, "I hope you all had a nice trip here. Now, it is time for business we have things to discuss. Our galaxy is in turmoil, the rouge Jedi group called the Sith have returned." There now was a louder talk between the Senators, even Pru joined in. Then one Senator, named Soon Reglia, stood up and said "Then we must stop them with more men and Jedi!" The Senators clapped and Jurak held his hand up, they stopped, and he said "We do not know where they are or their numbers." The Senator sank down in his chair and held his head low to avoid the stares, it did not help.

Pru nodded in agreement and then the Chancellor said "We first will deal with other issues and then deal with the Sith one after the minor ones are away." He stepped aside meaning that someone was able to stand up and speak, Senator Travot Balu stood up and started to talk about some trade with planets, making a higher tax, and dealing with some little rebel groups reported in his planet. They all gave their options and then the Senator handed in a bill dealing with all the things it was voted on and in the end did not pass. The Senator took the bill back and put it away. They all continued to stand up and say some problems in their planet or in the galaxy in general. Pru was not helping with the other bills, the thing in his mind was how to deal with the Sith. If he could do that, then he would be the most important man in the galaxy.
Back to top Go down
Kaas Zhyber
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Kaas Zhyber

Senate Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senate Meeting   Senate Meeting Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:11 pm

Senator Zurell Dissik sat quietly as the other members of the senate shouted and murmured back and forth at each other. The Fools don't realize that all their petty problems have one common anchor. The Damn sith! he thought. He glanced towards the chancellor, who had a look of irritation shining on his old wrinkled face. Zurell sighed then stood, shaking his head on the way up.

"Members of the Galactic Senate," Zurell thundered with his gated Duros accent. The room quieted and all eyes rested on the aged senator. "I realize and understand the quarrels and problems of your home worlds, and that they are top priority to you, but you must think. There is only really two sources of trouble in this galaxy. Greed and the Sith. And as of right now, it is the Sith who rise above greed. your problems are anchored to the trouble the sith cause. How do you get rid of your planet's problems? You get rid of the source." He finished. Despite going against what the chancellor had asked, he felt proud as he sat back down.

The Senate chamber practically vibrated as the members of the senate screamed and shouted agreements or disagreements. He had just started a debate. And hopefully, for the sake of his fellow senators, a good one. This bunch of lousy bad-backers need something to get their old brains working again, Dissik thought with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
http://kotorrpg.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Darth Saar
Sith Lord (Admin)
Sith Lord (Admin)
Darth Saar

Senate Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senate Meeting   Senate Meeting Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:31 pm

Pru saw Senator Zurell stand up and heard something that Pru did not agree with so he might as well give his opinion. Pru stood up and looked all around at the Senators yelling at other Senators and the Chancellor watching while leaning on his podium. He held up his hand and said in a calm and relaxed voice, "Excuse me Senators, I am sorry to intrude in your..." He stopped and through to find a word, "...debating. But, by this "debating" will get nothing done for your planets and for the good of out galaxy." He looked at Zurell and said, his words really for him but speaking to the other also, "If we want to deal with the Sith, we must take out the other minor problems first. If we have some trade agreements going wrong those can be dealt with in a few days. If we deal with working on the Sith problem, we all will be stuck in this building for months and all the other minor problems will pile up making a greater mess."

He looked around and now all the Senators were glaring at him, the Chancellor was even seeming like he cared. "Our problems are not being caused by the Sith this is their first attack on a planet." He then looked at Zurell and said "We are not greedy Senator, we are just here for the goods of our planet, of all our planets!" He shouted and held his hands in the air and all the men around him clapped and some even shouted.

Pru then said, now looking at the Chancellor, "Your Excellency I have a option for dealing with the Sith." He nodded to let Pru continue, "What if we make a committee to deal with the Sith coming back and will make bills, that will be voted on by the Senate, that could stop them. You could pick Senators to do the job while the rest deal with the other problems in the galaxy. That is my suggestion, make a committee to deal with the Sith outbreak."The Chancellor stood there, leaning on his podium, and stroking his chin. "Senator Pru," he said still rubbing his chin, "I will talk to the idea with my Chief Advisor, and think about it in my chambers. I think that is a good idea, may need some work, but still good."
Back to top Go down
Kaas Zhyber
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Kaas Zhyber

Senate Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senate Meeting   Senate Meeting Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:51 pm

"Senator Pru. Greed is what all species of our galaxy is brought up on. No one is content. The sith use this to manipulate people. The sith is Greed. Petty trade taxations and meaningless appeasements will do nothing when we have an enemy like the sith!" finished Dissik. He looked around, and some of the senators who were shouting only a few seconds ago had stopped, and were watching him as if they realized that his words were true.

"Now. As for the part where deeling with the sith is brought up, I believe that there is a petty problem. My Home world Duro has the finest fleet of ships in the galaxy besides the Mon Calamarians; though our fleets numbers are far greater. Our fighter pilots are amongst the very best of the galaxy, and we would be happy to supply our fleet, but it cost money. And the various trade companies we trade with have recently raised their prices on trade tariffs." he paused looking to the Bothan Senator Chi Gazzum.

"I would like to propose that all trade taxes be halted until we can supply our fleet to the republic. After we would be more than happy to continue paying the taxes." finished Zurell, sitting down again as shouts started to rise up.
Back to top Go down
Darth Saar
Sith Lord (Admin)
Sith Lord (Admin)
Darth Saar

Senate Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senate Meeting   Senate Meeting Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 10:12 pm

Pru clenched his fist and then put his hands behind his back, somewhat of a trademark for him, and said "Senator, that is not true. My people are not brought up on greed we are wise and we want justice and show hospitality to all." some of the senators nodded in agreement and told the people around them about their species culture and how they are raised, he continued "So, by your standards since every species is brought up on greed and the Sith are greed. So, then everyone is Sith. I Senator am not a greedy filled species or a Sith I am sure of that." He nodded and was done with arguing with Zurell any further. He sat down and then starred at the Chancellor to see if he had a say in anything. The Chancellor said nothing.

Another Senator stood up when Zurell finished and said, "You can't just send a large fleet at the Sith. First, we have no idea where they are and second, they could have a larger fleet." He continued, "It does not matter if your species are the great pilots, they may have getter ships and then there is the dark side of the force on their side." He sighed and then sat down, for he forgot what he was going to say after that.

Pru shook his head on that of the taxes and then the Chancellor licked his lips and asked, "Senator Zurell, are you saying we stop taxes on all planets or just yours?" He starred into the Senators eyes waiting for a reply, not really waiting for one he said, "Be warned if it is for your planet only then I suggest you don't even try to get that passed. All planets must pay taxes, those taxes pay for everything. Your salaries, the army, advancements in technology like blasters, ships, and droids. Taxes are set in place to help us, if one planet does not have them then other planets will try to not have them." He then looked around the room and got behind his podium and said in his loud voice. "Senators, we are here to pass bills and make sure the galaxy is at peace."

He looked at Pru, Zurell, and the other Senators who were debating and said "Not to debate with the other Senators on what to do that will make everything better in just a snap of the fingers." He cleared his throat and said "This meeting is over, we will continue it later on in the day. You are not allowed to leave the planet, I expect to see all of you back at the set date." He turned and left the room, all the senators stood up. Pru put his hands behind his back and watched the Chancellor leave, he let out a soft sigh, turned and left the room as the Senators walked out talking to others.

Pru stood near a statue of a late Chancellor, hands behind his back, and watched as the Senators filed out of the doors leading to their ships and the outside world. He then noticed Senator Zurell walking, Pru walked to the Senator and held out his hand. "No hard feeling Senator?" Pru asked waiting for the man to shake his hand.
Back to top Go down
Kaas Zhyber
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Kaas Zhyber

Senate Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senate Meeting   Senate Meeting Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:49 pm

Dissik walked out of the senate chamber as the meeting was delayed. As he walked out, Senator Pru Plund approached Dissik with his hand up and a work of apology. Dissik looked at Pru, and chuckled in a friendly manner, taking his hand. "Of course not," he said to the younger man. "I just wanted to put some debate on the table." he said. "Can you walk and talk?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Darth Saar
Sith Lord (Admin)
Sith Lord (Admin)
Darth Saar

Senate Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senate Meeting   Senate Meeting Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 3:16 pm

Pru shook his hand and then put his hands behind his back and nodded. "I can do everything Senator, but breath the air of any planet but my own." He laughed and then said "I agree we need some debate in there keeps the blood warm and out mind still thinking. With most of the men in there they may be half asleep when the Chancellor is speaking, something has to get them up and talking." He looked around as the number of Senators started to get less and less. They walked down halls leading outside that must be where their ships are waiting for the Senators to get in and leave the platform.

Pru let out a soft sigh and then looked back at the elderly Senator, as they started to walk. Pru did not really mind where they would walk to he loved this old building it held so much symbolism so much greatness of the galaxy. Senators, chancellors, Jedis have walked these halls and Pru was proud that he could be one of them a Senator in the world that has corruption and some greed.

Pru looked at the Senator and then asked, "How are you feeling Senator?" Pru just wanted to make some petty talk. Ask this, talk about that, nothing really important. Maybe he would try to get the Senator to move on the side of the committee, if Dissik agreed with Pru this thing would be a very easy deal.
Back to top Go down
Kaas Zhyber
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Kaas Zhyber

Senate Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senate Meeting   Senate Meeting Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 9:03 pm

Dissik chuckled. "Like an old man with creaky knees." he said. "I could go for a cup of joe. You know any cafe's in this old biulding?" he asked Pru, smiling.
Back to top Go down
Darth Saar
Sith Lord (Admin)
Sith Lord (Admin)
Darth Saar

Senate Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senate Meeting   Senate Meeting Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 11:01 pm

((Ugh...I had this amazing post typed out and I was hitting the Spell Check button and accidentally hit some button that took me to another site and made my post vanish. Why cruel world?!))

Pru gave a weak laugh to make sure the man was joking a bit and then stopped. "I am sure you will get better Senator." He said and then though a bit while they walked through the buildings main hall, senators continued to walk through the main doors and the hallways leading to other parts of the building. Once they got to the main doors Pru nodded saying, "There is a nice place that most Senators go to, we don't need to pay, and it is great food. You can talk, eat, drink, and just relax, or at times work on paperwork. Which is not fun because the place is not that quite. Senators can be very loud, well we all know that already." He pushed open the doors and the sun shinned through the door and he covered his already covered eyes.

He held it open for the elderly Senator and then let go when the man passed. He looked around the hustle and bustle of the busy city. Cars were flying all over getting to the places they needed to, some late some not. He heard honks, some screams, and the loud sound of people speeding by. He shook his head and then said "We can take the cars that Senators can ride in. Taking a abnormally large spaceship and landing it there would just look a little strange." He laughed agian and then put his hands behind his back and started to walk down the steps and to a platform with the cars on them that Senators could use. He stood next to one and waited for the elderly Senator.
Back to top Go down
Kaas Zhyber
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Kaas Zhyber

Senate Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senate Meeting   Senate Meeting Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 8:23 am

Dissik followed him down the stairs to a Burgandy colored Levicar with bright blue trimming, and got in. The seats were wonderfully comfortable. "You just lead the way, Friend." he said. "I haven't Been to Korin in quite a while. Tell me. How are things going?" he asked, making conversation.
Back to top Go down
Darth Saar
Sith Lord (Admin)
Sith Lord (Admin)
Darth Saar

Senate Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senate Meeting   Senate Meeting Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:23 am

((I think you mean Dorin.))

Pru got in the back with the old Senator and then someone who worked with the goverment sat in the front seat and asked, "Where do you two Senators want to go?" Pru replied, "We would want to go to that restruant cafe place near here. Every Senator goes to it, I am sure you have been there millions of times." The man made a sound and said "I know where that is, I will take you." Pru turned to face Dissik and replied "The planet is going great, all is in order no signs of Sith or rebellion. What about your homework? How is it going?"
Back to top Go down
Kaas Zhyber
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Kaas Zhyber

Senate Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senate Meeting   Senate Meeting Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 5:10 pm

"Splendid, might i say...except for the Damn Smuggling group there. That Damn Phantom man Kozzan or what ever his name is heads it. Can't say i'd curse him though. Every pilot he has that works for our Fleet are some of the best pilots this galaxy has yet to seen!" he said in exasperation.
Back to top Go down
Darth Saar
Sith Lord (Admin)
Sith Lord (Admin)
Darth Saar

Senate Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senate Meeting   Senate Meeting Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:15 pm

Pru looked at him and then out the window and back at the Senator. "I don't think that is a good thing to have your fleet mainly made up of smugglers." Pru shrugged, "Just my opinion on that, most of the smugglers I have met are untrustworthy, liars, and thieves. Only think of themselves in this big galaxy of ours." He then stopped and got a good idea of what another problem with the galaxy is, he put his hands on his lap and then said "Well, I hope you deal with your smuggler problem. That is why in my planet there was something that passed that made it 100% illegal, anyone caught doing it on Dorin would be in prison in a matter of minutes. I did not make that law it has been there since for some years now."
Back to top Go down
Kaas Zhyber
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Kaas Zhyber

Senate Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senate Meeting   Senate Meeting Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:30 pm

Dissik chuckled, then looked at Pru. "My friend, back in my day....I was a smuggler! he said. "But i do not blame you. But there is one i know who is trust worthy, and all of those who work under him are just as trusty as he. Kozzan." he finished in his thick Dorin accent.
Back to top Go down
Darth Saar
Sith Lord (Admin)
Sith Lord (Admin)
Darth Saar

Senate Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senate Meeting   Senate Meeting Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:53 pm

Pru looked down and then up at the Senator, he did not feel bad from saying that. He had his opinions on smugglers and did not mind if someone got hurt by them. Ok a little bit far back in his mind he did care a little bit. Pru had some disbelief in him, a trustworthy smuggler? He would have to met the man to decide that, "Maybe I can meet the smuggler and decide for myself." He said as the car was getting closer to the Senator restaurant.
Back to top Go down
Kaas Zhyber
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Kaas Zhyber

Senate Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senate Meeting   Senate Meeting Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 8:08 pm

Dissik looked thoughtful. "I believe you already have. Remember eleven years ago when the Valarian Space fleet tried to 'redeem' Taris? Do you remember the Human male who led the resistance fleet? Tenzo Zhyber; I believe was his name?"
Back to top Go down
Darth Saar
Sith Lord (Admin)
Sith Lord (Admin)
Darth Saar

Senate Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senate Meeting   Senate Meeting Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 2:33 pm

Pru shook his head, "No I do not remember that at all." He sat in his seat and started to rack his brain, trying to go that far back to remember that minor event in his life. Maybe a little bit of it came back, but then he lost it when the driver's voice broke the quietness of the car. "We are here Senators." Pru got out of the car and looked at the nice building that had the needs to fill all the Senators of the galaxy.
Back to top Go down
Kaas Zhyber
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Kaas Zhyber

Senate Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senate Meeting   Senate Meeting Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 3:26 pm

Dissik chuckled when Pru looked thoughtful. "Come on, Senator! You aren't supposed to get memory problems untill you're my age!" he said in a friendly, joking manner.

As they stepped out of the Levicar, Dissik inhaled the mouth watering aromas wafting from the small restaurant. "Now that is what I am talking about!" he said excitedly. As they took their seats inside, Dissik looked at Pru and asked, "What do you recommend?"
Back to top Go down
Darth Saar
Sith Lord (Admin)
Sith Lord (Admin)
Darth Saar

Senate Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senate Meeting   Senate Meeting Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 10:08 pm

"I only forget some things, I can get names and other things. But that I don't remember I guess it just was not an important meeting." He shrugged and then they both walked through the doors of the building and he looked aroung the area seeing most of the Senators that were once fighting and debating now sitting talking and acting like the best of friends. He sat down across from the Senator and said "I actually never eat here, I usually talk and just relax."
Back to top Go down
Kaas Zhyber
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Kaas Zhyber

Senate Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senate Meeting   Senate Meeting Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 11:36 pm

"Hmm? How could you stand the smell?!" he asked, jokingly incredulous. His mouth was already watering. As the waiter approached and asked their orders, Dissik ordered a slice of Pie made of fruit from Lekku and a Cup of Coffee.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Senate Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senate Meeting   Senate Meeting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Senate Meeting
Page 1 of 1